As a leading festival and events organisation, Australian Tap Dance Festival needs some "personal information" in order to carry out its business
Australian Tap Dance Festival is bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988. If you provide us with information about your health, we also strive to ensure that our handling of that information complies with applicable State and Territory health records legislation.
1. What personal information does Australian Tap Dance Festival collect and why?
Australian Tap Dance Festival collects personal information from its members and from contractors, employees, and people we do business with.
Australian Tap Dance Festival needs personal information:
- to conduct our business (eg to administer accounts, charge fees and to communicate with our members and business contacts).
To illustrate, the personal information we collect about our members includes:
- Identification Information, including each member's name, address, contact details (including telephone numbers and email address) and date of birth;
- Financial Information, including bank account details and credit card details, as well as information about payment or non-payment of fees.
This information is collected from application forms, and when people attend our venue and communicate with us through our website.
We also collect:
- Business Contact Information from and about our suppliers and other people we do business with (eg our landlords). This information is needed so that we can manage our business;
- "Next of Kin" Information, is collected in the case of an emergency.
2. How does Australian Tap Dance Festival use personal information?
As indicated, we use personal information to provide dance class services, to manage and administer students and to operate our business.
For example, if you are a member, will use your personal information to process any applications, charge you fees for classes and studio hire and administer your account. We will also use your personal information to communicate with you, including answering any enquires you may have.
Unless you tell us otherwise, we may also use members' personal information to mail out special promotions, newsletters and other marketing material.
For instance, Australian Tap Dance Festival may mail its members information about its own promotions, or those offered by our business partners. If you don't want us to do this, we give you an opportunity to "opt out" from receiving such material by declining to fill out the mailing list form.
3. Does Australian Tap Dance Festival share my personal information with anyone else?
Australian Tap Dance Festival will disclose your personal information in a few different ways.
We will disclose personal information if we are under a legal requirement to do so (eg under a court order, or if required under legislation), or if an authorised request is made from a law enforcement agency.
Otherwise, we will only disclose personal information with the consent of the relevant individuals. For example, if you are a member, with your consent (and only with your consent):
- we may provide personal information to Australian Tap Dance Festival's dance teachers to contact you to arrange a dance class or private lesson. If the dance teachers are contractors (rather than Australian Tap Dance Festival employees), their contracts with us require them to keep your personal information confidential. Of course, all our employees are required to keep your personal information confidential also; and
4. How can I access my Personal Information?
Privacy laws give you rights to seek access to the personal information we hold about you.
You can seek access by emailing us. Generally, we should be able to provide you with access within a month of your request, although we may need more time if your request is complicated. Ordinarily, Australian Tap Dance Festival will not charge you for the cost of providing access to your personal information. However, if we do propose to charge you, we will advise you of the relevant charge before we provide you with access.
We try to ensure that all the personal information that we hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on you to help us with this. If you wish to update or correct the personal information we hold about you, please e-mail email@example.com. We will contact you if there is any issue about amending the record of personal information we hold about you.
5. Is my Personal Information kept secure?
Australian Tap Dance Festival takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We remind our staff and contractors of the importance of storing personal information in a secure way, and to treat it like confidential information.
We are be able to answer telephone questions and provide dance class services without collecting personal information about you, but your personal information is useful if you fall ill.
7. Website/online privacy
Generally, Australian Tap Dance Festival will handle personal information collected online consistently with the way that it handles personal information collected offline. Other matters specific to Australian Tap Dance Festival's handling of personal information online are set out below.
When you visit our website, we will not collect any personal information unless you chose to provide it to us (eg by sending us emails through our website). However, we may collect certain data that does not identify you (sometimes called "web log information") when you visit certain pages, such as the type of browser and operating system you have. We may also use "cookies" which are small files that are stored on your computer and that manage the security and navigation process of the site. You can choose to block these cookies but some portions of the site may not function correctly if you do. This type of data is collected for statistical purposes only, and while cookies will identify your computer, they are unlikely to identify you personally.
b) Email/SMS marketing
We will not email or SMS you marketing material unless you have consented to this. This is a requirement of the Spam Act 2003. Further, you can unsubscribe from our e-newsletter or other bulletins by using the "unsubscribe" facility contained in each electronic publication we send.
c) Site security policy
Our website uses up-to-date technology to maximise the security of your personal information.
8. Contact details and other information